PEDIATRIC DENTIST IN SURPRISE AZ
At Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we feel we are the best choice for a Pediatric Dentist in Surprise AZ. Pediatric dentistry is a branch of dentistry in which highly trained dentists attend to the oral health care needs of children and teenagers. Children and teenagers have unique oral health care needs. That’s why seeing a pediatric dentist with additional training in children’s dentistry is essential. Our skilled dentists offer a wide range of pediatric dentistry services that meet all your child’s dental needs. The office has a warm, comfortable environment, and is definitely kid-friendly!
OUR PEDIATRIC DENTAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Dental exams
- Professional cleanings
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canals
- Traditional braces
- Early dental care
- Sedation dentistry
- Oral surgery
Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics professionals personalize each treatment for kids and teens. We do our best to make each young patient feel relaxed and calm and many even look forward to their visits. We invite all parents to view all pediatric dentistry appointments.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
When you and your child arrive at Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics for a dental appointment, our friendly staff members greet you and ask you to complete an oral history form. If this is your child’s first dental visit, don’t worry. Your journey begins with us.
After all the forms are completed, we will more than likely take X-rays. Your dentist will complete a comprehensive dental examination and review the results of the dental X-rays with you.
One of our dental hygienists will use specialized pediatric dental tools to gently remove plaque and tartar from the hard-to-reach areas between teeth and near the gum line. They also floss and polish the teeth with professional-strength toothpaste.
During the review period, the dentist will discuss other forms of preventive treatments for your child such as fluoride treatment and sealants, or restorative dental procedures that might include fillings, crowns, or a root canal.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY CHILD GO TO THE DENTIST?
Follow your dentist’s instructions about how often to schedule dental visits, however every four-6 months is standard. Be sure to call us right away in the event your child is experiencing tooth pain.
WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD FIRST VISIT THE PEDIATRIC DENTIST?
We offer care for all children beginning at infancy through age 18 or when they graduate from High School.
We also offer orthodontic treatment for the entire family, including adults, so they can continue their orthodontics with us as long as they need braces and/or retainers.
At Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, we place special importance on compassion and safety. Our goal is for families to walk into our office and be comforted by our warm and friendly atmosphere.
Our staff has been chosen for their caring and compassionate approach to children’s dentistry. We are confident you will leave knowing your child has been given quality and professional dental care.
EXPLANATION OF SOME OF OUR PEDIATRIC DENTAL SERVICES
- Dental Exam: X-rays, and cleaning. Most visits to a pediatric dentist are simple. First, one of our coronal polish certified dental assistants uses child-sized tools to clean your child’s teeth. That includes removing plaque and tartar as well as polishing and flossing the teeth. Next, the dentist examines the mouth and reviews any X-rays.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride is a natural mineral that can help strengthen teeth. Routine fluoride treatments during childhood can help prevent decay.
- Sealants: Sealants are a protective coating that helps prevent cavities on the chewing surfaces of teeth.
- Fillings: If we notice a cavity or tooth decay, we remove it using a drill, then fill in the area with a tooth-colored protective filling.
- Crowns: When the damage to your child’s tooth is too severe to fix with a filling, we build an artificial tooth topper known as a dental crown, and place it over the damaged tooth.
- Root Canals: If decay or infection has spread to the roots of a tooth, we use special tools to clean out the roots, which will stop the tooth pain. Root canals are often done in combination with crowns.
- Orthodontics: We offer a full range of kids and adult orthodontic solutions, including traditional braces.
- Sedation Dentistry: We have several safe sedation options for your child. We may recommend sedation for several reasons. The most obvious reason is if a procedure requires a child to remain still, but the child cannot. However, we also offer sedation dentistry for patients who are anxious or scared about procedures.
WHAT PROCEDURES DOES A PEDIATRIC DENTIST OFFER?
- Cavity treatment
- Pulp Treatment
- Space Maintainers
WE ACCEPT MOST INSURANCE PLANSWe accept most types of insurance, including AHCCS, and if you don’t have insurance, we have several flexible payment plans.
NEW PATIENT OFFERWe will provide your child with a thorough exam, x-rays, cleaning, and a fluoride rinse as a first-time patient for only $99.00.
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLANSNo Insurance? No Problem!
if you don’t have insurance, we have several flexible payment plans. We want to make sure your kids have access to healthy habits, no matter what.
We hope you have concluded that when looking for a pediatric dentist in Surprise AZ, and the surrounding areas, Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is the right fit for you. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 602-730-6481 with any questions. We are always here to help!