Top-Rated Pediatric Dentist
Top-Rated Pediatric Dental Practice in Surprise, AZ — Surprise Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
Surprise, AZ — Dec. 30, 2021. Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics has a team of highly qualified pediatric dentists and staff. They provide a full spectrum of dental treatment and preventive care for children of all ages in Surprise, AZ, and Maricopa County.
What Is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is a special type of oral health care, specifically for children from infancy through adolescence. Pediatric dentists undergo the same dental training as general dentists, followed by an additional two years of study devoted solely to dentistry practice for children. The curriculum includes learning about:
- Primary dentition (baby teeth)
- Mixed dentition
- Behavioral psychology
- Early childhood development
- Pediatric sedation
- Special needs patient care
The additional training ensures that a pediatric dentist has the necessary tools to provide excellent dental care to children of all ages and circumstances.
The Importance of Dental Visits for Your Child
The earlier a child receives regular dental care, the better their chances of enjoying a healthy smile for life. Early dental checkups instill the importance of oral hygiene in young children and help them establish healthy habits that will serve them well in adulthood. Pediatric dentists have the training and skills to make early dental visits enjoyable for kids.
Dental cleanings and exams are the best defense against cavities. An untreated dental cavity leads to painful tooth decay and other health issues. Furthermore, if a child’s introduction to the dentist is a potentially uncomfortable treatment, they may grow up with an aversion to dental visits.
Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics provides a complete spectrum of dental treatment and preventive care for infants, children, and teens, including:
- Preventive dental care. Regular trips to the dentist help children learn about proper oral care and instill good habits.
- Emergency dental care. Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics offers same-day appointments for kids with urgent dental issues, such as severe mouth pain and broken or damaged teeth.
- Early childhood dentistry. Babies and toddlers should undergo dental exams by their first birthday.
- Restorative dental care. Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics has the expertise and state-of-the-art equipment to perform all types of dental repair and restoration for children.
- Special needs dentistry. The caring team at Surprise Pediatric Dentistry has special training and extensive experience in treating children with special needs.
- Orthodontic treatments. Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics utilizes FASTBRACES®️ Technologies to correct crooked or crowded teeth and improve alignment and bite issues.
For More Information
To learn more about Pediatric Dentistry and schedule an appointment, call Surprise Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics at (602) 730-6481.